Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And then what...?

Ya know...I often wonder if I'll get married. I didn't get asked to the prom so I wonder if marriage is what God permits for me. At this moment in my life, many of my friends are getting married and\or having babies and I'm sincerely happy for them. But I've often wondered, "What happens the day AFTER you return from the honeymoon?" Who cares then? Months of bridal planning gab, you walk down the aisle, profess your love before God, go and return from your honeymoon, and then what? Do you simply go to work the next day? Gone are the days of, "OMG, tell me about your dress!" Who's going to make a fuss over you now?

Brides are rock stars. They have their own t-shirts...B-R-I-D-E. These tee's are often white and bedazzled. Or these tee's say, "The Future Mrs. ____." These tee's always evoke an obligatory "awe" within you. I mean, can you wear this tee AFTER the nuptials?

I hope my heart softens and that I'll meet love. Perhaps I have a fantasy notion of love and marriage but I sincerely wonder if marriage is all that its purported to be and that perhaps there's nothing wrong with my life as it is.

No comments: